Three Cellars is Hiring!
At Three Cellars, our staff is unlike any other retail wine or beer store employee. They are special people who thrive on learning something new, and they can keep a huge set of information in their heads, ready to make recommendations to our customers — our guests. They love to think on their feet, dealing with the wide array of questions our guests will ask, coming from all different directions with different goals in mind. A Three Cellars staff member makes recommendations with confidence, while making mental connections to unlikely sources. Our staff enjoys interacting with our guests, people from all walks of life, listening carefully to understand and help them find the best wine or beer in the store.
What it takes to be a staff member at Three Cellars
- Working at Three Cellars is fun, but it is also a lot of work staying informed on all of the products we sell.
- Our staff must pleasantly and enthusiastically greet every guest: within seven seconds ninety percent of the time, and always within two minutes. This is the standard we set and what our guests expect on every visit.
- A Three Cellars team member must be able to speak intelligently and confidently about an abundance of wine and beer, both for enjoyment in and out of the store. All associates must be 21 years of age or older. Within thirty days, a new team member will understand the operation of Three Cellars and begin to speak intelligently about our products. Within sixty days, a team member will be able to speak intelligently and confidently about eighty percent of everything in the store, as well as be able to run the store alone.
- A Three Cellars team member must be aware of everything and everyone in the store. Awareness means knowing where a product is located in the store at all times. Awareness means knowing who is in the store, what they are looking at or what they are holding in their hands. Awareness means listening to what our guests are saying, and providing advice and guidance where appropriate, even if they were not specifically addressing you. Awareness means more than identifying these things in the moment, but remembering over time, and making notes when necessary.
- A Three Cellars team member must pleasantly, accurately, and efficiently transact business at the register. They will also be required to stock, lift, clean, and be responsible without supervision.
- A Three Cellars team member must be industrious; a self-starter who attends to all the little things that must be done over and over. If a Three Cellars team member is not doing anything, he or she is doing something wrong.
- A Three Cellars team member must be respectful — respectful of themselves, their store, their fellow Three Cellars team members, their guests, and the management of Three Cellars. Respect means showing up on time. Respect means listening when others are talking. Respect means following the rules set forth by Three Cellars management. Respect means being happy and outgoing to our guests and other Three Cellars team members every minute of every shift.
- A Three Cellars team member must be patient. We sell unique libations — and different people will take to the prospect of that at different speeds. A Three Cellars team member is patient with all guests in the store, and on the phone — but not at the expense of other guests.
We would prefer someone with wine and craft beer experience, but we are willing to train the right person who has an outgoing personality, can demonstrate responsibility, maturity, and who has the desire to learn more about wine and beer. Other useful skills include strong people skills, the ability to prioritize tasks, and to listen. You also must obtain an Oak Creek Bartender’s License within 90 days.
Applicants must be available Monday-Thursday from 4 to 10 PM and Friday and Saturday afternoon/evenings. This is a part-time position with about 10-15 hours per week to start.
How to Apply
- in person,
- with a resume, and
- with a completed application. The PDF application form can be downloaded and printed by following this link:
Absolutely no e-mail or phone call applications will be accepted. During normal business hours, please submit the completed application with your resume in person to:
7228 South 27th Street
Oak Creek, WI 53154
Our business hours are listed below.
Three Cellars is an equal opportunity employer.